Elephant Bedroom Camp offers luxury in a setting of breath-taking beauty. It is set along the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River and shaded by doum palms and other trees that make up this green belt of riverine forest in Samburu National Reserve.
Why do We Love Elephant Bedroom Camp?
We LOVE Elephant Bedroom primarily because of the elephants in the camp, no kidding!!! The bedroom/tents are really lovely, each with tiny plunge pools on your verandah where you can hang out and watch the eles from. The staff are amazing! Samburu is an amazing place to see wildlife also so the gamedrives are always fun. We also recommend the little nature walks and the bush breakfast too (and the Spa Mum!).
Elephant Bedroom Camp Facts
Elephant Bedroom Camp is an intimate tented camp with simplistic elegance, luxury and style providing an astonishing safari experience. Located on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River in the renowned Samburu Game Reserve in Kenya. Elephant Bedroom Camp is environmentally sensitive and takes responsibility to enhance the environment on a sustainable basis. The camp employs members of the local community and also contributes to the education of this community.
Twelve spacious, insect-proof bedroom tents, each with a private veranda overlooking the river. The ensuite bath-rooms are fitted with double wash basins, hot and cold running water, a flushing toilet and a rain shower. Each tent has a plunge pool.
Elephant Bedroom Camp Specifications
- Total Number of tents: 12
- Bedroom size opening onto a verandah on the front: 6 x 5 m
- Bathroom en suite with dressing area: 4 x 3 m
- King size double bed (6½x6½ ft): 2
- 2 Queen size twin beds (6×5 ft): 10
All drinks are at additional cost.
Daily Safari Activities
- Accredited Professional Safari Guides
- 4WD open sided safari vehicles. A maximum of 6 guests per vehicle.
- Day game drives
- Bush breakfasts/dinners
- Picnic lunches
- Cultural visits
- Lectures on Samburu culture by resident naturalist.
- Entertainment by local Samburu warriors.
- Guided bush walks
Elephant Bedroom Camp Dining & Lounge
- Spacious dining & lounge tent with large veranda to maximise views.
- FREE WIFI
- Breakfast and lunch are served ‘al fresco’ on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro
- River under the shade of the trees (weather permitting).
- Dinner is served in the dining area.
- Private meals can be arranged on the guest tent veranda or under the stars.
- Continental style cuisine caters to a variety of dietary requirements.
- 240V Charging facilities in the lounge